First of all, a digital marketing strategy consists of a series of actions that will help you achieve your objectives, taking into account the size of your company.
In order to do this, 12 basic points must be taken into account:
1. Identify your identity. It is essential to define why you want to create it, in other words, you have to establish your reasons, know what differentiates your brand and what the company’s values are.
2. Create your brand history. Once we have identified why, you must set out your editorial line and a brand story that matters to people. This will increase your visibility to users.
3. Define your goals (SMART). This is one of the most important points, as our objectives have to be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and limited in time.
4. Determine who your buyer is. For your content to have an impact, you must first know your “buyer person”, i.e. your audience. Therefore, it is necessary to create profiles in RRSS where you think your audience is located and then create one or another type of strategy.
5. Analyze your situation and your market (SWOT). With this analysis, you will be able to know what your strengths and qualities are and determine your situation in relation to the competition.
6. Design a strategy. Depending on your objectives, it is advisable to carry out some strategies or others, such as: (videos, RRSS, social media, SEO strategies, SEM, inbound marketing, email marketing, CRM)
7. Take appropriate action. That is to say, specify as much as possible what, how and when you are going to carry out the determined objectives.
8. Choose the right tools. It is advisable to use the tools you already know or that are being used in the company, as it is vital to save time and resources.
9. Create a calendar. At this point, we already have clear ideas (objectives, strategies, actions, tools …), so we must create a real plan in time. Ideally, you should plan it on a short, medium and long term calendar to avoid workflow problems during the plan.
10. Determine the budget. You must take into account what the budget will be to invest in our online marketing strategy, determined by the economic resources you have and the need for investment that your plan requires.
11. Analyze. The only way to know if you are doing it right is to monitor it constantly, i.e. you have to keep track of it and follow it up.
12. Measure results. It is essential to make use of analysis and monitoring tools during and after establishing your online marketing plan to calculate what your ROI has been, which will determine whether or not what you planned has turned out well.
These are the 12 key points that a good strategy must follow. Which point did you find most interesting? Tell us in social networks with the hashtag #ConversaConToyo